Kays Cottage Guest House Windermere - The Lake District
Our home is set in a rural village and offers four guest rooms. The cottage is over one hundred and twenty years old and whilst we aim to meet the needs of all our guests the layout makes access difficult for people with limited mobility and wheelchair users. Our guest rooms are on the first and second floors, there are 3 steps into the cottage and staircases and steps between rooms and floors. We do not have any guest rooms on the ground floor which makes the accommodation unsuitable for wheelchair users.
Complementary toiletries are included for your convenience. Tea and coffee with fresh milk is available from the hospitality tray in your room to allow you to relax at any time during your stay.
* The nearest shops are approximately 2 minutes away in Windermere village.
* The nearest bus stop is 2 minutes away in Ellerthwaite Square. Buses run frequently during the day, both summer and winter. The service stops early in the evening.
* The nearest railway station is Windermere, which is approximately 5 minutes walk away. Taxis are usually available at the station but we can book one for you in advance if required.
* There are several local taxi companies; we can make bookings in advance for you.
* Menus can be provided in large print if required. We regret we do not have facilities to prepare documents in braille.
* Our website www.kayscottage.co.uk provides pictures of our accommodation and further information about the services we provide.
* You can contact us by telephone, text or e-mail. Please see the “Contact Information” section of this document for full details.
Arrival and Car Parking
* Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time so that we can be sure we are here to welcome you.
* We aim to operate a flexible arrival policy. Arrivals earlier than 2.00pm can leave luggage and often keys are available. We usually agree arrival times with you when you book with us. We do ask that if this time changes that you let us know.
* Parking is available on the road opposite the house or in the pay and display car park also on the opposite side of the road.
* Guests can stop briefly outside the cottage to drop off luggage before parking, the pavement is tarmac.
* We can offer assistance with luggage, our door bell is to the right of the wooden front door.
* There are three steps of 3.5, 4.5 and 7 inches up to the front door.
* Please ring the bell for access the front door is kept locked at all times. * The hall is all on one level.
* Please ask if you need the radio turned down.
* Pen and paper is always available in the hall.
* Additional keys can be provided on request.
* The cottage is tall and narrow, downstairs the dining room is off the hall and leads to the stair case and our own private rooms.
* We do not have a guest lounge.
* There are 13 x 7 inch stairs to the first floor; there is a hand rail on both sides of these stairs. The stairs are carpeted.
* We have two guest bedrooms on the first floor and two on the second floor (please see section “Bedrooms” for more information).
* There are 9 x 8.5 inch stairs to the second floor , there is a hand rail on one side of the stairs and the stairs are carpeted.
* The cottage is centrally heated throughout, temperatures can be adjusted in each room to suit individual requirements by a thermostatic valve.
* We have fans and fan heaters available on request for supplementary heating or cooling. Guests are asked to use carefully to avoid wasting electricity.
* Local information is available in the hall.
* Skirting boards and walls are all cream.
* Breakfast is served to you in the dining room, cereals are self-service. Please ask if you need assistance.
* The dining room floor is carpeted.
* All the bedrooms are carpeted throughout.
* There are en suite facilities in all rooms consisting of an electric shower, WC and wash basin.
* Towels are provided and dried or changed each day when soiled or wet.
* Tea and coffee facilities and bottled water are provided. Kettles are cordless with visible water levels.
* We also provide a hair dryer, Colour television with remote control and a selection of books and magazines.
* First aid is available for guests from reception on request.
* Our beds are normally made with duvets, which are synthetic as are all our pillows. We provide 2 pillows (minimum) for each guest and there are a spare blankets and a pillow in each wardrobe.
* As a minimum there is a wardrobe, drawers, bed side cabinet with side light and a dressing table, with 1 seat for each guest.
* Bedroom 1 is to the right at the top of the first staircase.
* There are 2 steps of 7 and 6.5 inches up into the room.
* This room has a 4ft 6in double bed with access from both sides.
* Access to the en suite is through a sliding door and there is a step up into the shower of 9 inches.
* Bedroom 2 is to the left at the top of the stairs around a landing, which is up 2 further steps of 7 and 6.5 inches.
* This room has a 4 foot 6 inch double bed and a 3 foot single bed.
* The single bed can only be accessed from one side.
* In the en-suite there is a step up into the shower of 9 inches.
* Bedroom 3 is at the top of the second flight of stairs to the right.
* There are 2 steps of 9 and 5.5 inches up in to the room.
* This room has a 4 foot 6 inch bed with access from both sides.
* Room 3 has 2 steps of 7 and 2 inches up in to the shower.
* Bedroom 4 is at the top of the second flight of stairs to the left.
* There are 2 steps of 9 and 5.5 inches up into the room.
* There a 6ft wide xip and link bed and 1 single bed, the single bed is only accessible from 1 side.
* The room can be set with either 3 single beds or 1 king size and 1 single bed.
* The shower in the en-suite is up a further step of 9 inches.
* We have a small courtyard garden at the front, with window boxes and flower pots.
* There is a bench for guests use and we allow smoking in the front garden.
* There is an ashtray on the front doorstep.
* Access to the garden is to the right of the front door.
* There is one step of 3 inches into the garden from the pevement.
* The surfaces in the garden are crazy paving and shale care is needed on this surface.
* There is a movement sensitive light at the front door which activates after dark.
* There are 3 Water fire extinguishers one in the entrance hall and another on the landing outside Room 2 and a third at the top of the second stairs outside Room 4.
* In the event of a fire the fire alarm will sound automatically. Please advise us if you have a hearing impairment and might not hear this.
* The building can be evacuated via the front door of the house. Should this exit be blocked, there is also an exit via our kitchen through the door marked private in the hall.
* We do not permit smoking in the house.
* We are happy to cater for special diets or any particular likes or dislikes. Please advise us of these before your arrival.
* We are happy to refrigerate any medication. Arrangements can usually be made to refrigerate small amounts of food or drink items.
* Mobile phone reception at the cottage is generally poor.
* Wireless internet is available for guests use free of charge.
* Our kitchen is not available for guest use.
* Address: Kays Cottage, 7, Broad Street, Windermere, Cumbria, LA23 2AB
* Telephone number: is +44(0)15394 44146. When we are away from home this number is either diverted to our mobile phone or a message advisees guests how to contact us.
* Mobile Phone: for text messages 07905 163528
* E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Website: www.kayscottage.co.uk
* We are open all year but do take occasional days off and take holidays during quiet months.